It’s been a few days since dev zecoxao revealed a method to downport games to 5.05. There have been many videos and tutorials showing off the process. But, downporting PS4 games isn’t the easiest task. So, I made a simple program – Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter to downport PS4 games to 5.05.
With this program, almost everything is automated. I can promise that you don’t need to edit any Hex code as it has been automated. Moreover, you won’t have to code too. I have tried to make it as simple as possible for everyone of you to downport any PS4 (5.05+) games to 5.05. This is so that you don’t have to wait for a fully stable 6.72 Jailbreak to be released.
EZ PS4 Downporter uses zecoxao and flatz‘s methods, or rather automates most of it. You would be ready to play 6.72 games on 5.05 with roughly 10 clicks I believe. Enough blabber, now let’s get down to business.
UPDATE: Noob404 1Click PS4 Downporter
LATEST UPDATE – 1Click PS4 Downporter v3 (100% Automated)
Download Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter
- Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter.
- Windows Machine.
- Python 2.7.18.
- .Net Framework 4.6.1.
- PS4 (Not required for downporting process)
- Game PKG (Fake PKG)
Disclaimer: I or Noob404 don’t condone piracy. This is purely an educational article. What you do with your PS4 is your responsibility. Continue at your own risk.
Video Guide to Downport PS4 Games easily with EZ PS4 Downporter
Downport 6.72 games to 5.05 with Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter
Step 0: Setting up Python, Hexdump and Fake PKG
The scripts by flatz which helps us automate a major portion of the process can be run only with Python. So, first let’s install Python. Follow:-
- Install Python 2.7.18 (only). Make sure you have checked the option to include it in the PATH during installation.
- Press Win+R and type cmd. Type
python --versionon the command window. Press Enter. If you see 2.7.18, move to the next step.
- On the command window, type
pip install hexdumpand press Enter. Once installed, close the CMD window.
- Extract Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter and run Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter.exe. Click on Create Required Folders. This will create a few folders – Source, Output, Working, etc. in the main Downporter folder.
- Copy your Fake PKG to the Source folder. Rename your PKG to input.pkg.
Step 1: Extract fake PKG, downport eboot.bin and param.sfo
- Click on Step 1 in the program and wait for it to complete. You will be asked to press any key to continue on the command window. Comply. You will have to do it twice.
This process may take some time. A lot of it depends on the size of the PKG and your PC’s configuration. Anyways, by the end of the process, you will have an extracted PKG with eboot.bin and param.sfo already downported.
Check the Working folder and you will find two folders there – Image0 and Sc0 which contain everything we need.
Step 2: Downport PS4 modules (.prx)
This could be a tricky part for most. But don’t worry, I have made the process extremely simple. I have been looking into various PKGs over the past few days. I found that in some games, the prx modules are spread throughout, i.e., not only in the sce_modules folder.
Missing to downport any of these will get you a corrupt and unplayable PKG. Follow the below steps to the point and you should have a working PKG within just a few clicks.
- Browse into Image0 folder within Working. Search for prx. You will find them within Image0, sce_modules, etc. In some cases, they can be found in other folders too. Make a note of these folders.
- Go into the first folder containing prx files let’s assume it to be folder Image0. Move (preferrably cut and paste) only the .prx files within the folder into the ModDgr folder (in the root where you can find Noob404 EZ PS4 Downporter.exe too).
- On the Downporter Tool, click on Step 2. This will downgrade all the .prx files placed within the ModDgr folder. Now, copy all the .prx files within ModDgr to it’s original location, here, Image0.
- Now, move all the prx folders within the second folder (if any, for eg:- sce_modules folder) to ModDgr folder.
- On the Downporter Tool, click on Step 2. Once done, copy the .prx files in ModDgr to it’s original location, for eg:- sce_modules.
- Repeat this process till you have downported all the .prx files.
Step 3: Generate GP4
We are almost there. This step takes less than a minute.
- Open genpg4.exe.
- On the top browse to Image0 folder (within Working).
- Click on Generate .GP4.
- Click on Save .GP4. Save it as output.gp4 in Working folder.
Step 4: Generate Downported Fake PKG
- Click on Step 4 in the Downporter Program.
This last step, much like others is fully automated. Once you click on Step 4, the program will start compiling the downported PKG. This process will take time. This is a CPU intensive step. So, I suggest you close all other applications.
Once finished, you will find the PKG in Output folder.
Play Downported 6.72 games on PS4 5.05
Copy the compiled PKG to a USB drive (formatted as EXFAT ot FAT32). Run HEN on your PS4 and install the game from Debug Settings as you would usually do.
If you have any suggestions to improve the tool, please leave them in the comments below. Or, hit a roadblock? Comment below and I will help you out.